Thứ Hai, 16 tháng 6, 2014

EVENT: Make Up For Ever #GetSculpted at Sephora Eatons Centre!

Since the beginning of time, I've skipped out on the full contouring and sculpting routine. Why? Mostly because I'm unsure of product placement. Last Friday, I stopped by Sephora to get a little lesson in the matter. A one-on-one consultation with a lovely and informative make-up artist named Beth, who taught me about my face shape and how to #GetSculpted. Here's what I learned: 

I have a rounded face, which means that my "goal" would be to become a bit more angular/oval. The Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit is subtle, which is best for my preferred look - natural. 

Where to highlight: 
  • Arch of the brow
  • Top of the cheekbone
  • Cupids bow
  • Along the bridge of the nose
Where to contour: 
  • Temples and hairline
  • Under the cheekbones
  • Jawline 
  • In the crease 
  • Sides of the nose



Tips and Tricks: 
  • You don't need to make a fish face to figure out where to place contour, just follow where the natural light and shadow on your face. 
  • For nighttime, add a little shimmer on top of where you would normally place highlight. You can also bring your contour up and around the cheeks for an ultra-defined look. 
  • Don't sculpt the entire length of your jawline, just the edges to "cut" the rounder outer areas. 
  • Apply highlight, then contour. It's easier to cover up a lighter colour than a darker one. 
  • Use a light hand.. unless you want to look like Maleficent. 


Make Up For Ever Artisan Brush 158 - Double Ended Sculpting Brush ($61), Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit in Neutral Light ($55) - ... a review to come for this one! I'm still in the process of testing! 



Products Used: Make Up For Ever Sculpting Kit in Medium, Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in 6, Make Up For Ever Blush in 8. Not shown: Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Foundation in 35, Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder 

Overall, I now feel a lot more confident about my own knowledge of face shape and contour placement. It's kind of fun to think that I can change my bone structure without actually getting surgery. All i need is a few coloured powders and a little MUA knowledge. Now, I think I'll be contouring more often... if you don't recognize me... you'll know why ;) 

Do you contour your face on the daily? Or just for special occasions? 

Press samples featured



Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét