Thứ Hai, 26 tháng 5, 2014

The Body Shop Mango Body Sorbet

The best and worst thing about the summer is the heat. The sun is always shining but I'm sweating my butt off. An interesting solution to the summer heat is the new The Body Shop Body Sorbet in Mango ($15), a lightweight body moisturizer formulated with 100% organic Community Fair Trade Aloe Vera that hydrates without feeling icky or sticky. 

It comes in 5 classic Body Shop "flavours" - Strawberry, Mango, Pink Grapefruit, Satsuma, and Moringa. Mango is my favourite from the Body Shop (apart from Vineyard Peach, which is not available as a Body Sorbet). The Mango aroma of the Body Sorbet is consistent with all other Mango product offerings from the Body Shop - it's sweet, fruity, and tropical. 


For a moisturizer, the texture is quite strange. Rather than feeling creamy or thick like a lotion/cream, the Body Shop Body Sorbets feels more like a jiggly jelly. Upon application, the Body Sorbet sinks into the skin within seconds. It's moisturizing but not as much so as a body butter or a regular lotion. Also, unlike body butters and lotions, the Sorbet leaves no residue, stickiness, or oiliness. In a nutshell, it's pretty perfect for the warmer weather. 


Oh and here's a tip for those sweaty, hot and humid summer days - store it in the fridge for an extra cool treat! (Thanks for the tip Annette). It's almost better than eating a bowl of sorbet (plus, there's no calories). 

Overall, a stellar moisturizer! On the flip side... I do have a few requests: 
  1. It would be awesome if it contained SPF (then I could feel cool and hydrated AND protected from the UV rays!). I'm too lazy to double up on body products. If one is SPF and the other isn't, I'll force myself to use the SPF product (no matter how wonderful the other one smells). 
  2. Also, can the Body Sorbets please be made in the Peach scent? If there was a peach one, I'd probably purchase a lifetime supply. 

Have you tried the Body Shop Body Sorbets? 

PS: My photos just got real. There's no pretty lilac bookshelf background in my apartment in Waterloo, so I apologize in advance for the makeup, camera lenses, and makeup remover wipes sprawled all over the place... please bear with me for the next 8 months. 

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét