Thứ Năm, 15 tháng 5, 2014

Revisiting the Revlon Shadowlinks in Greige, Taupe, Eggplant & Java

Back in Fall 2013, the Revlon Shadowlinks were released. I reviewed the colours Cobalt and Lemon (see my initial thoughts here). Through the Revlon Selects program, I received 4 more shades to test out. The Revlon Shadowlinks in Greige, Taupe, Eggplant, and Java landed on my desk and I thought I'd see if my feelings towards these shadows have changed. 


For one, the packaging is cool. The product comes individually (~$3.99 each), you choose the colours you want, then, you can click them together to create a customized palette. The shadows come in 3 different finishes - pearl (shimmer), satin (slight shimmery sheen), and matte (no shimmer). 

Greige is a grey-beige taupe (matte), Taupe is a... you guessed it...taupe (satin), Eggplant is a deep amethyst purple (satin), and Java is a deep, warm brown (pearl). I chose colours that I typically gravitate towards - simple neutrals and darker pops of colour. 


The texture of the shadows is neither rock hard nor buttery smooth. While I like the colours in the pan and when heavily swatched (left), the product is sheer and not easily buildable on the eyelids and when blended (right). The shadows aren't terrible, but you'll need to pack the product on top of a good primer in order to get colour payoff true to the pan. 

On one hand, you can easily customize your own palette with tons of brights and neutrals in a variety of finishes. On the other, the product doesn't deliver in terms of pigmentation. 

Would you sacrifice quality for variety? Or variety for quality? 

I received these items as a member of Revlon Selects. Opinions are my own.
Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét