Thứ Sáu, 6 tháng 3, 2015

Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation in 40 Nude

If I had to describe the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation ($9.99) in one word I'd say strange. Strange in the best way possible. I had heard a lot about the Dream Wonder Fluid Touch but I wouldn't have tried it out myself. I entered a Beautezine contest on a whim and ended up getting the opportunity to test a bottle out! 




Eyeballling my shade match, I chose 40 Nude. There's a solid 12 shades to choose from. Nude was a good guess but not perfect. It's slightly orange for my complexion but since the foundation itself isn't too high-coverage it blends into my skin without looking weird. The shade would better suit me in the summer. 

Back to my thing about the strangeness of this foundation. 
(1) the applicator. It's a plastic wand with a teardrop tip. The teardrop part is also a hard plastic. You're meant to dip into the product and then dispense some on your fingertips with the wand.

(2) the formula. I guess Fluid Touch is a good way to describe the consistency of the foundation. You shake it shake it shake it like a polaroid picture until the watery bits mix with the coloured bits. When you dispense onto your hand the product lacks any thickness/viscosity that a normal liquid foundation usually has. It's watery like a fluid and feels slightly oily on the skin. 


As for how it actually looks on my face - stellar and not at all strange. The liquid texture dries down to a satin matte but not too matte finish. The coverage is light and can be built up to full in specific areas without looking cakey. To the touch, the finish feels soft, almost like a finely milled powder. The bad part about this is that it emphasizes dry patches i.e. my nose and the pores on  my nose. Thus, the foundation looks good everywhere except my nose. Staying power is great - all day 6-8 hour wear. Though, I'm curious as to how this might hold up in the summer since I'm not particularly active or sweaty at the moment. 

Overall, a strange texture that yields natural, even coverage skin. I'm impressed with this drugstore foundation and happy that I got the opportunity to review it! 

Have you tried the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid Touch Foundation? 
Product received as giveaway prize! 

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét