Thứ Tư, 11 tháng 2, 2015

What's on My Face #3 - what he likes // Valentine's Day 2015

I asked my boyfriend to help me put together a post about makeup that he likes on me. Instead of the typical, "you look good without makeup"... puh-lease.His immediate answer was as follows: "Wear whatever makes you feel most confident, because when you're confident you smile more." Y U SO SWEET?? Say things like that and I don't ever need any gifts, just sweet, sweet words. 


Sweetness aside, he does have some preferences. So, we went through my dubious amounts of blog posts to determine what he likes on my face. Here's a few notes from our conversation: 

// eyes
- doesn't like too much colour 
- likes a soft brown in the crease
- likes winged liner
- HIM: I like your eyelashes in this post. ME: BUT I'M NOT EVEN WEARING MASCARA. 

// lips
- doesn't like hot pinks, light nudes
- likes neutrals
- if not neutrals, likes soft berry colours

// face
- likes a little blush
- likes a little bronzer

// hair
- likes the you just woke up look 
- if not, likes soft, loose curls 



What's ACTUALLY on my face: 

// eyes
- Shu Uemura matte brown eyeshadow
- Make Up For Ever Ink Liner
- Rimmel Wonder Lash Mascara

// lips 
- Benefit Posie Balm

// face
- Guerlain Meteorites Baby Glow Sheer Foundation 
- Guerlain Meteorites Blush in Angelic Radiance
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette 

The resulting look was soft and actually kind of angelic...sort of like my every day makeup! I usually dress up for myself, but it's always nice to do it for someone else, too! Special thanks to my boyfriend Charles - SHAMELESS PLUG. Check out his blog at stitchandcedar.blogspot.ca

What makeup will you be wearing for Valentine's Day? 

PS. This is an extension of a post that I wrote for the Fashion Magazine Beauty Panel


Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét