Chủ Nhật, 22 tháng 2, 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette in Dim Light, Incandescent Light & Radiant Light

Gorgeously fingerprinted packaging? Check. Exorbitant pricing? Check. Baby's butt smooth powders? Check. I've been testing out the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($67) (dim light, incandescent light, radiant light) for two months now and I must come to final verdict. 

For one, this ain't no dealio. It's $52 for a single 0.35 ounce powder or $67 for 3 minis weighing in at .348 ounces in total. You're paying for variety and the semi-compact packaging. The packaging is beautiful yet prone to picking up fingerprints. These are my two and only two complaints. 



The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders are meant to be groundbreaking finishing powders that capture, diffuse, and soften the way light reflects on skin. The finely-milled, talc/gluten/fragrance/nano particle-free formula is as good as everybody says. The powders add that je ne sais quoi to the complexion (not different from the Guerlain Meteorites). 



There undetectable on the skin, which is totally a good thing. This means that it looks like you're not really wearing makeup, like the light is just really flattering on your skin. Depending on your colouring, different powders = different colours. Here's how they work for me: 

- dim light (soft neutral beige) - meant to blur imperfections (per Sephora), I use this as an all-over powder
- incandescent light (pale white gold with shimmer) - too shimmery for all over the face, I use it as a highlighter
- radiant light (sun-kissed golden beige with shimmer) - it's slightly orange on my skin, so I use it as a blush/bronzer. 

Admittedly, this was a hype-induced purchase but I should get credit because I waited more than a year to pick the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette up. Regardless of anyone else's opinion, these are lovely powders that enhance the look of skin in real life and in flash photos. I have yet to come across a dupe for any of them but I'd definitely pick up the full size of dim light if and when I ever run out. Whether you need or must have them is up to you. 

Have you tried the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders? What did you think of them? 
Purchased by me

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét