Thứ Tư, 25 tháng 2, 2015

New Specs from SelectSpecs.com

Buying glasses online is all the rage. Long gone are the days when I purchased my specs from good, ol' Costco. Seems like the glasses-wearing people of the world are trading off brick-and-mortar for lower prices and bigger, better selection. Clearly Contacts, Firmoo… and now there’s Select Specs. Select Specs is a UK-based company with their glasses shipping out of Hong Kong. Styles are priced from $12 (economy, no name) to $200+ (designer).






I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 12, so I happily took the opportunity to review a pair. I picked up the style Infinity A6673 in Brown/Havana (also available in Black), which would have run me $35.25. The process of ordering was simple – choose your style, enter your prescription, measure your Pupillary Distance (PD or distance from pupil to pupil in millimeters), select your lens type, and pay.

The wait between ordering from SelectSpecs and receiving my glasses was unnecessarily long – three weeks before I received tracking info, three days to get to Canada, and the glasses spent another week sitting in customs. In total, I waited about a month.

The good: 
  • trendy style
  • decent pricing
  • free 1.56 thin index lens
  • decent quality for the price
  • several tint and transition lens options
  • free UV coating, scratch resistance and anti-reflection
  • comes with a case and lens cloth (granted the case is plastic and not particularly attractive)

The bad: 
  • frames came slightly lopsided and didn't sit on my face straight (I went to Costco and the kind optician melted the plastic and straightened it out for me)
  • frames were a tad tight on my face
  • turtle-speed shipping

Overall, SelectSpecs is a fair option for inexpensive glasses. My previous pair (which I sat on and broke… RIP) was from Firmoo. In general, if you’re willing to trade off quality of build for price, then online glasses shops like Select Specs are the way to go. If you're looking for a perfect fit and can't stand the anticipation (or not knowing what the frames will look like ahead of time), you're better off with your local glasses store. 

Have you ever purchased glasses online? 

Press sample featured


Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét