Thứ Bảy, 14 tháng 2, 2015

STYLE: Moon Cats Scarf in Eastern Elegance Review

I don't consider myself to be particularly fashionable but I try. And if there's one way to spice up my Michelin man winter outfits (8 layers and counting), it's with scarves. Moon Cats, an online store, dubs itself "the scarf expert" but they sell all kinds of winter accessories - from gloves to hats and head wraps to various types of scarves for both men and woken. I took the Eastern Elegance Scarf ($39.95) for a ride. 


Eastern elegance is described as a "rainbow paisley thick shawl". Drape this warm pashmina shawl around your shoulders for a classy unforgettable night out. This scarf will bring the feminine touch you need for a romantic beauty style. Its thick fabric will keep you warm in the evening breeze, and its dark colors will easily match your outfit.

The Good: The dark colours do in fact match all of my neutral (mostly grey) outfits. The patterning on the scarf is a nice bit of colour to my somewhat boring everyday style. The gold threading also has a nice shimmer too it, a total plus in my books. 

The Bad: It's definitely not thick. It's -11C today and this ain't going to keep me warm. This scarf is better suited for milder climates or for early fall nights. If only it were a touch bigger. The dimensions of the scarf are 20" x 58" and I wish it was more square (like a blanket) to add some warmth. Furthermore, the scarf doesn't feel like it's of the best quality. I poked it with a finger nail and the threads of the scarf frayed a little (I could see my finger through the other side). 



Ways  wear a scarf (1) hide underneath it (2) wrap it back wards (3) wrap it forwards (4) wrap it around your head as a hood. 

Overall, a decent scarf but it's definitely not built for Canadian winters. I'll be pushing this one to the back of my closet and bringing it out again next fall.

For staying until the end of this review I'll have you know some exciting news! Moon Cats has provided a coupon for 30% using the code FUNSIZEBEAUTY30OFF  (valid until July 31, 2015). This is not an affiliate coupon. :)

Moon Cats offers free shipping for US orders over $50 and it seems like shipping to Canada is a flat rate of $8, which isn't half bad. 

Check out Moon Cats: 
What's your favourite winter accessory? 



Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét