Thứ Tư, 1 tháng 4, 2015

World MasterCard Fashion Week F/W 2015 - the Good & the Bad

3 beauty events, 4 fashion shows, and 1 awards show on top of my 45 hour work week.  I’m not really sure how I did it but I did. Perhaps going to 8 events in 5 days might be what it’s like to be a full-time “real” blogger. 

World MasterCard Fashion Week (aka Toronto Fashion Week aka the Canadian Collections) happens twice a year – March for Fall/Winter of the current year and September for Spring/Summer of the following year – and showcases some of Canada’s most renowned designers. 

This was my first experience at World MasterCard Fashion Week – the good, the bad and the ugly. If you want to see photos of the shows check out my WMCFW – womenswear and WMCFW – menswear posts. 



Generally
bad: rude people butting in line, 3-inch heels, street style photographers outside (it’s like paparazzi and I’m camera shy when I’m not in the comfort of my room), expensive food, the cold weather and lack of heating in the tent
good: attending my first fashion week, wifi, seeing people I know and not feeling like a loner, free coffee from Kreuig, Maybelline Rebel Blooms Lipsticks and thank goodness for weekends and sleep


Missing the VAWK show (from Sunny Fong of Project Runway Canada)
bad: Leaving a Guerlain event too early, taking a taxi to get from Yorkville to David Pecaut Square and missing the show by a few minutes
ugly: Avoiding the 5-piece Subway-inspired capsule collection. That’s Subway…THE FOOD. Cucumber-print dresses, etc. (see here

The Studio (flat seating) 
bad: Sitting in the back row in the studio trying to catch glimpses of the show between two people’s heads. They should really let the short people sit on the ground in front of the first row...I wouldn’t mind
good: Sitting in the front row of the studio (so close you could touch the clothes) and the lighting in the studio

The Runway (levelled seating)  
bad: lighting too harsh to take photos from afar
good: levelled seating and elbow room



Meeting Queen Mary (Adelaide Kane) and the Leith (Jonathan Keltz) from the CW show Reign 
bad: being shy, sweaty and awkward (as per usual) and feeling like a teenage fan girl for even watching the show, not seeing the Prince of Conde 
good: learning that Reign features Alexander McQueen gowns


A photo posted by stephanie lau (@stephh_lau) on

The Fashion Magazine Awards (#FashionMagAwards)
bad: having to leave early from being pooped out from the rest of the week 
good: watching re-caps of the shows I missed, taking photo booth photos with my boyfriend and some really good catering from Toben Food By Design 

All in all a great experience. I would do it again...but perhaps I'll pack fewer events into the week and be more choosy about the shows I attend. Next time I will…wear flats, bring snacks, invite a +1 ALL the shows and get more sleep. 

Did you attend World MasterCard Fashion Week (or have you previously)? How was your experience?

Check out my other fashion week posts: 


WMC Fashion Week – The Experience 





Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét