Thứ Hai, 24 tháng 11, 2014

EVENT: I met the Pixiwoos!! [Real Techniques Road Show] #rtroadshow

Loved by everyday women and make up artists alike, Real Techniques has been taking the beauty world by storm. In case you haven't heard, Real Techniques is the brain child of Sam and Nic Chapman (of the 200 million + views youtube channel - Pixiwoo) and Paris Presents a retailer of personal care products. Paris Presents and, in turn, Real Techniques is ranked the fastest growing global health and beauty company by the Boston Consulting Group. 

First thing's first, I snapped a photo with Sam and Nic Chapman. They're absolutely stunning in person, personable, and so easy to chat with... exactly how they are in their videos. Their makeup was on point, which made me nervous that the newest mascara I was testing had smudged, raccoon-style. 


Next was some browsing of the plethora of Real Techniques brushes. The self-standing, colour-coated brush system is easy on the eyes and quite pleasing when paired with fresh flowers. In addition to the yellow, pink, and purples, also displayed were the limited edition (in Canada) Nic's Picks and Duo Fibre Brush Collections, which I have had yet to see in my local drugstores. 



Most interesting period of the night was Sam and Nic speaking about their journey as makeup artists and youtubers. Real Techniques brushes were years in the making and they stressed the importance of not only amazing synthetic brushes but the educational aspect of how to use them, as well. There was also a Q&A period where someone asked what their favourite channels were. Apparently, they don't watch beauty youtubers because they don't want to re-purpose other's ideas, which I found very interesting! Perhaps I should stop reading so many beauty blogs? Nahhhh. 

I'm sure you've heard enough about Real Techniques from other bloggers, youtubers, etc. But if you're not familiar with the brand, RT brushes are made with super soft synthetic bristles, hand-cut, and self-standing with light handles. I really can't say enough good things about the quality (and decent price!) of the brushes. In Canada, Real Techniques has only been introduced within the past couple years by the awesome people at Farley Co MarketingReal Tehcniques products are available at London Drugs, NailPolishCanada.com, obssessedlook.com, Familiprix, Lawtons Drugs, Pharmasave,  and Walmart.


...And there was some eating too. I had never been to Joey's at the Eaton Centre but the appetizers were pretty darn good. I basically stood around the food table with Vanessa of Citron and Guavaberry for half the night, snacking on the cabbage wraps and flat bread. 




All in all, I'm a huge fan of Real Techniques brushes AND a long time subscriber of the Pixiwoos. Real Techniques brushes are slowly taking over my beauty tool stash. First I purchased the Core Collection, then the Expert Face Brush and Stippling Brush. I also received the Miracle Complexion Sponge and Silicone Liner Brush for review. Not to mention, I'm looking to add the Eye Brush Starter Set into the mix. At the Real Techniques Roadshow event I took home the Duo Fibre Collection, so stay tuned for a review very, very soon! 

Special thanks to Farley Co Marketing for having me at this event! 

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét