Thứ Sáu, 5 tháng 6, 2015

FOOD: Ontario Southwest City Fare // #OSWCityFare #OSWPourAway #OSWDigIn

With beer, wine, cider, food and live music at Wychwood Barns, you can't really go wrong. Last weekend I attended the first Ontario Southwest City Fare hosted by the iYellow Wine Club, a pop up event featuring food and drink from restaurants, breweries and more, all from the region of Southwestern Ontario spanning South Cayuga to London to Chatham-Kent to Windsor. The iYellow Wind Club provided everyone a wine glass, as well as a nifty contraption of a plate (with a hole to hold the wine glass) and we walked around, picking at the 80+ food/beverage items to try. 

I took two guests (my parents)... because I'm cool like that, my dad is a self-proclaimed 'foodie', the parents are kind of funny when they've had a few glasses of wine and beer, plus they graciously provide the internet that I use to upload my mass amounts of blog photos. Speaking of blog photos, I took quite a few at #OSWCityFare... 


trout crudo with trout chicaron // sixthirtynine.com

amsterdam sour cocktails // twistedlemon.ca

pork ravioli // twistedlemon.ca

bacon skewers // smackwaterjacks.ca


bacon skewers // smackwaterjacks.ca


liquid nitrogen ice cream // bacon skewers // smackwaterjacks.ca

beer battered chips // ramblinroad.ca

black bean fudge // cktable.ca


asparagus taste test // kerrfarm.ca, cktable.ca

maple butter tarts // leapingdeer.com

don't count your chickens // bonnieheathlavender.com

aged cheddar // brightcheeseandbutter.com

gouda


lime basil chocolate // chocolatea.ca

verde fresco chocolate // chocolatea.ca

sweet potato bread pudding // blueelephant.ca


strawberry beer // blueelephant.ca

meatball tacos // hotpapads.com

smoked beef sandwich // jpsbarbeque.ca

jakeman's maple syrup // themaplestore.com


 chambord raspberry chocoholic marshmallows // theartsandcookerybank.com

Overall, a great couple hours of eating and drinking held in a beautiful space. I was pretty wowed at the fresh, quality products available just a couple hours drive from Toronto. I should probably be a better tourist in my own province. A few of the vendors are actually quite close to Waterloo, ON (where I go to school) and I'm 100% sure that in the near future I'll have to treat my parents to a wine tour or a meal at Six Thirty Nine or the Twisted Lemon out in Southwestern Ontario. 

Have you ever ventured out to Southwestern Ontario? 

sidenote: you can enter to win a $1,500 Dream Foodie Escape at http://www.oswculinary.com/ :) 

I received complimentary tickets to attend this event. 

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét