Thứ Sáu, 31 tháng 10, 2014

GUEST POST: Sarah's Mardi Gras FOTD

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Today, a most celebratory guest post from Sarah... :D 

Hello, I'm Sarah from Workaday Ramblings. Steph is letting me take over today with a very special Halloween guest post. I've been doing a special Fantasy FOTD series on my blog featuring Halloween looks you can create with regular makeup, and I have a fun Mardi Gras mask look to share with you today. 



Why buy a Halloween mask when a makeup one is hands-free and more comfortable? There is also an endless array of options you can do. My Mardi Gras mask has a simple shape with an easy 3 colour striped look. I paired it with matching gold lips to complete the look.  

I used mostly eyeshadows to create this look, with a few other products thrown in. I started my tracing my mask outline using The Body Shop Gel Liner in black. This is a very opaque black and by using a brush I could create crisp lines to mimic an actual mask. 

I then filled in the entire mask with a layer of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. This created a sticky white base for my colours to stick to. My top stripe of gold colour was done using Prestige Cosmetics Total Intensity True Metals in Gilded. My middle purple stripe was BH Cosmetics in Hollywood, and my bottom green stripe was Pure Fusion Cosmetics in Demeter. My lips were done by layering Essence Dark Romance lipgloss effects in Black Shadow under and over Prestige Cosmetics Total Intensity True Metals in Gilded


Overall, this is a fun and rather simple Halloween look that can be customized in any way imaginable. I went with traditional Mardi Gras colours for my mask. What would you go with? Thanks for having me, Steph!

What do you think of Sarah's Mardi Gras FOTD? 

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét