Thứ Hai, 1 tháng 9, 2014

GUEST POST: Purple Favourites from Megan!

Last month's Canadian Beauty Bloggers guest post theme was purple. I'm a little late on posting but here's an AWESOME post of Megan's of MeganJoy.ca purple favourites! Be sure to check her out. :) 


I am super excited to be guest posting on Fun Size Beauty this month! The theme for August is Purple, which was WAY easy for me considering it's one of my favourite colours. I really had to try and narrow it down to a reasonable amount of products, so here are my favourites!




Eyes
  • Almay Shadow Softie in 140 Vintage Grape - This shadow is super light yet buildable. It has a really unique texture, it's a powder but it applies super silky. It's very subtle, great for people who are just starting out playing with colours
  • Annabelle Instaglam Eyeliner + Mascara Touch-Up in Psychedelic - One end has a purple mascara, one end has a marker style liquid liner. This is a new product in my roster and it's perfect to throw in my purse for touch ups. I love the purple mascara wand, it's really small so it makes it easy to get even the smallest lashes!
  • Essence Quattro Eyeshadow in 01 XOXO - This shadow quad is only about $4 and I use it a ton. It has such a great combination of colours and I use them all. I find myself using the white as a highlighter and the light purple most often.
  • Annabelle Twist Up Retractable Eyeshadow Crayon - This twist up shadow is creamy and applies super smooth. I run this along my lid and then use my finger tip to blend. It's a metallic shimmery lavender shade and I wear it all the time!
Purple is my favourite colour for eye makeup because it really makes green eyes pop. When I was putting this post together I realized how much purple I actually had!
The great thing about this colour is that it's flattering on all eye colours! It looks beautiful on brown, hazel, blue and green eyes.


L-R Rachel McAdams (hazel/green eyes), Naya Rivera (brown eyes), Katy Perry (blue eyes)


Lips
  • Maybelline New York Elixir in 040 Vision In Violet - I don't wear purple lip colours very often, I usually stick to pinks. But this lippie has been a favourite of mine the last new months. It's super pigmented and it lasts for hours. It can get a little gloopy if you aren't careful with the application but once it's on it stays put really nicely. 
  • Maybelline Color Whisper in Oh La Lilac - This translucent wash of lavender is so pretty and easy to apply on the go. The sheerness means that you don't have to be too careful with the application, so I can throw this on anytime without a mirror. 


Nails
  • Julep Judi - This dark plum shade is so pretty. It has a creme finish that almost looks matte if you don't use a top coat.
  • Essie Nothing Else Metals - This has been a favourite of mine for a long time. It's from the Essie Mirror Metallics collection which is still available in some Drugstores. It has such a beautiful chrome finish and a subtle purple colour. It does get a bit streaky though so practice makes perfect with this one!
  • Julep Rae - This colour was created in honour of the Patone Colour of the Year - Radiant Orchid. It's also a creme finish and applies like a dream. TWo coats and you are done with this one. It's a perfect colour for all year round!
That's it for my favourite purple products! I hope you enjoyed this post and please feel free to follow me on TwitterFacebook and Instagram!


Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét