Thứ Bảy, 23 tháng 8, 2014

LIFE: #hoarderstatus, stuffed animals, and badass lipsticks

I'm Stephanie Lau and I'm a hoarder - to some extent at least. It's only human to attach memories to things. Those two (or those 5) teddy bears that I used to sleep with and that collection of Hello Kitty key chains that I scored at McDonalds, they're hard to let go of. 

It hit me when I was decluttering my room. A huge pile of stuffed animals on one of my dressers was staring me right in the face. I started going through them realizing that many had fond memories attached to them. More than anything what I truly cherish are the people who gifted them to me or how that particular Keroppi came to be a part of my collection; but not so much the item itself. For me, it's not about "things", it's about experiences. 

It's the same in terms of beauty products. Hey. Stephanie. Remember that badass bright purple lipstick that you wore that one night, like, once two years ago? Yeah, well, it's expired and it's time to throw it out. 

How in the world do you keep a memory without throwing it out when you give away/donate/toss out your "thing"? Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Photograph it. Sure, it's not as good as the real thing (no spooning with six teddy bears when I'm lonely *sadface*). But a few megabytes of storage is nothing compared to the space that you need to live your life. 

And so.. I've set out to photograph all my stuffed animals, as well as trinkets and things that I hold memories with. 

How do you declutter and let go of things that you love but don't need

Facebook || Twitter || Bloglovin || Instagram

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét